How To Strengthen Your Government Exam Preparation?
In India, a major part of the country’s youth aspires to join the Government sector and this industry is one of the highest employment generating industries as well. This can be drawn from the fact that every year lakhs of candidates apply for various Govt sector jobs with a dream to enjoy a secure and rewarding career profile.
There are various bodies which conduct recruitment to appoint candidates in multiple Government and semi-Government Organisations. This includes SSC, RRB, Bank, Insurance, etc. Given below is the list of few of the major exams conducted in the country:
- UPSC Civil Services Exam
- State PSC Exams
- SSC Exams (CGL, CHSL, GD, JE, CPO, etc.)
- RRB Exams (NTPC, JE, etc.)
- Bank Exams (SBI, RBI, IBPS, etc.)
- Insurance Exams (LIC, NICL, NIACL, etc.)
These are only a few of the major exams. To get a more exhaustive and comprehensive list of Government exams, candidates can visit the linked article.
Further below, we have discussed a few important preparation strategies which will help candidates prepare themselves to ace the upcoming competitive exams.
Tips To Crack Government Exams 2020
The correct approach and strategy is the key to qualify any competitive exam that a candidate aspires to crack. Follow the tips below to excel in the various exams conducted in the country.
- Set S.M.A.R.T. Goals – Here S.M.A.R.T. stands for Specific Measurable Achievable Relevant Time-Bound. One must keep all these five goals in mind when strategizing a study plan. The goals set must not be so high that the candidates have to go through stress or pressure.
- Choose Coaching/ Institutes/ Teachers Wisely – The assistance that a candidate opts for plays a very important role in the exam preparation. Helping in clearing doubts, providing study material, etc., affect the candidate’s final scores.
- Focus on Concepts – Do not indulge in mugging up things. Focus on understanding the concepts and solving questions based on the same.
- Refer to Video Lectures – It is a well-known fact that when we see/hear something we are more likely to remember it, rather than reading it. Thus, in case of doubts, aspirants must turn to online video lectures.
- Disciplined study – You may not have to study for 10 hours a day but whatever hours are dedicated for studying, proper and disciplined preparation must be done.
- Solve Mock Tests and Practise Papers – The best way to revise the entire syllabus at a single time is by solving practise papers and mock tests. Time-based mock tests are easily available on various online portals, and aspirants must solve them to analyse their performance.
- Self Management vs Time Management – Ensure that you set targets which you can achieve. Manage your schedule in a manner that sufficient time can be dedicated to the preparation of each subject.
All these tips will help candidates strategise a study plan and accordingly start their competitive exam preparation. For latest notifications regarding the main Government exams conducted in the country, Candidates can visit the linked article.