What are the benefits of green tea?
Green tea is made from the leaves of Chinese camellia, as in other teas, and according to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative health, green tea has been used in Chinese and Japanese medicine for centuries, because it is rich in many nutrients and antioxidants that may The body is used to many health effects.
Green tea is one of the healthiest beverages, because it contains nutrients that have a strong impact on the body and health, and these benefits include:
- Improves brain function:Green tea contains caffeine, which is one of the main active ingredients; it is also known as a stimulant, as it hinders the function of the inhibitory neurotransmitter called adenosine, thus increasing the process of firing neurons and the concentration of neurotransmitters, such as: Dopamine, norepinephrine, also improves caffeine mood, alertness, and memory.
- Increases fat burning:Human experiments have shown the ability of green tea to increase the rate of metabolism and fat burning, and the results of one study conducted on 10 healthy men have shown that green tea has an impact in increasing the energy expenditure process by 4%, another study indicated that green tea can increase the fat burning process Selectively, by raising the lipid oxidation by 17%, on the other hand it has been found that caffeine in green tea improves physical performance by moving fatty acids from fatty tissues and providing them as a source of energy.
- Reduces the risk of cancer:cancer is one of the leading causes of death in the world, and oxidation damage can contribute to the further development of cancer diseases, and green tea is a good source of antioxidants that may have a preventive effect from cancer And reduce the risk of occurrence, while some studies have been conducted to study the effect of green tea on some cancers:
- Breast cancer, where it is one of the most common cancers among women, the results of meta-studies have shown that women who drink green tea are less likely to develop breast cancer by 20-30%.
- Prostate cancer, where studies found that those who drink green tea say they have a risk of developing prostate cancer by 48%, and is one of the most common cancers in men.
- Colon cancer, with 29 studies showing that those who drink green tea were less likely to have colon and rectal cancer by 24%.
- Reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease:Alzheimer’s disease is one of the most common types of neuroendocrine diseases, in addition to being the leading cause of dementia, and many studies in test tubes and animals show that the catching compounds found in tea can Green can have different protective effects on neurons, thus reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, and it is worth mentioning that Parkinson’s disease is the second most common degenerative disease.
- Improves dental health:The Catching compound in green tea may kill the growth of bacteria and some viruses, such as: Influenza virus, which may reduce the risk of infection, as well as the correlation of green tea consumption to improve dental health, low risk of tooth decay, and show Many studies that green tea can reduce bad breath.
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes:Studies suggest that green tea can increase insulin sensitivity and reduce blood glucose levels, and according to a review of 7 studies conducted on 286,701 people, the risk of infecting people who drink green tea with type II diabetes was 18% less.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease:cardiovascular disease is one of the biggest causes of death in the world, and it turns out that green tea can reduce the level of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, in addition to preventing LDL cholesterol particles from oxidation, Studies have also shown that the risk of cardiovascular disease is reduced by 31% for people who drink green tea.
- Helps weight loss:Several studies suggest that green tea can boost the metabolic rate in a short time, in addition to the fact that many studies suggest that it may lead to lower body fat, especially in the abdominal area, and one of these studies was a randomized controlled trial for 12 weeks A, 240 men and women were held, as green tea consumers had a significant reduction in body fat, abdominal fat, waist circumference and body weight.
The table below shows the nutrition facts in green tea for 100 grams drink :